Open date: September 13, 2023
Most recent review date: Thursday, Sep 28, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Mar 13, 2025 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Director of Simulation
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
The School of Nursing at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), invites applications for the role of Director of Simulation. This is a part-time to full-time position as Academic Coordinator.
The Director of Simulation, under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Education Technology and Innovation, provides leadership, management, and coordination of simulation learning within the School of Nursing (SON). The Director, in collaboration with course faculty, develops and ensures the quality of simulation (low, medium, and high fidelity), that supports evaluation of student competencies. The Director further collaborates with faculty to identify and develop research to lead the use of simulation within nursing.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to faculty in the SON in utilization of simulation to enhance and ensure educational competence of learners across specialties and programs.
- Chair the SON Simulation Task Force.
- Apply national standards to support programs in expanding simulation activities including faculty training and development.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop scholarly activities (such as research and quality improvement activities) to showcase and evaluate the impact and outcomes of simulation on nursing education.
- Work with the Assistant Dean of Educational Technology and Innovation to develop and manage fiscal and strategic processes for simulation within the SON.
- Partner and collaborate with existing UCSF campus programs to support best use and sustainability of simulation (such as Kanbar, UC Health and the other Health Science schools / programs).
- Participate in campus committees relevant to simulation.
- Represent UCSF across national organizations to improve visibility of SON simulation activities.
Required: MS in nursing or MSN required.
Preferred: Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field. National certification (i.e., Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator). Management experience in an educational setting. Demonstrated experience developing, managing, and evaluating simulation activities, curriculum, and / or programs. Evidence of scholarly activities such as research and / or quality improvement focused around simulation.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04718.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: Contributions to Diversity Statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
About UC San Francisco
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.