Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Diabetes Center is seeking an Assistant or Associate Specialist. In this position, you will lead cell therapy process development for the UCSF Regulatory T Cell Group. You will develop and improve the manufacturing process for regulatory T cell based cellular therapies in preparation for first-in-human clinical trials at UCSF. This job will require daily hands-on laboratory work with human T cells and creativity in solving problems that arise during product development. As the group grows, you will have supervisory responsibility for other scientists.
Translation of preclinical advances into cellular therapy treatments requires a team approach and you will need to be an effective communicator and a team player. You will work closely with basic scientists, physicians, experts in quality assurance, and experts in regulatory affairs to optimize each step in cell therapy manufacturing. The end goal is to develop or improve the GMP-compliant manufacturing process of cell therapy products and then hand off that process to a clinical GMP laboratory for clinical scale manufacturing. You will also participate in GMP manufacturing as needed. Please see treg.ucsf.edu for more information about our group.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate rank must possess at minimum a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in immunology or a related field or at least 5 years of experience in a relevant field.
• At least 2 years of experience in an immunology laboratory
• Experience performing flow cytometry
• Masters or PhD degree in cellular immunology
• Experience with T cell isolation and manipulation
• Experience with cellular therapy or biologic drug development
• Understanding of basic GMP requirements in drug manufacturing
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02249.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information