Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior or Assistant Specialist (Kim Lab)
The Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology is now recruiting a Junior or Assistant Specialist. The area of specialization/responsibilities will include:
- Working understanding of molecular and cellular biology.
- Basic independent ability in techniques of molecular biology including cloning, blotting, PCR, as well as others.
- Tissue Culture: making new cell lines, characterizing the lines and using them for detailed experiments.
- Management of lab supplies, ordering, and equipment.
- Mass spectrometry-based experiments.
- Statistical analysis of data.
- CRISPR/Cas9 experiments.
- Detailed recording of experiments and clear communication of progress and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry/molecular biology or an appropriate scientific field
- Basic molecular biology techniques including cloning, blotting, PCR.
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines; recognize and resolve problems while maintaining a high level of organization
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interface with the team to review and analyze the results.
- Tissue Culture, making new cell lines, characterizing the lines and using them for detailed experiments.
- PC skills
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9
- Mass spectrometry-based experiments
Please apply online and submit a CV, cover letter, and 3 references who we may contact directly to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02145
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information