Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Associate Specialist (Marshall Lab)
The Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics is now recruiting for an Associate Specialist. The primary area of research required in this position is the analysis of the molecular basis of regeneration in the giant ciliate Stentor coeruleus. This question will be addressed using genomic technologies, particularly RNA sequencing, combined with bioinformatic analysis.
- PhD (at the time of hire).
- Experience in Stentor coeruleus molecular biology and genomics. This experience must include handling Stentor cells, isolating Stentor RNA, and bioinformatic analysis of ciliate genomic data including gene prediction and transcriptomic data analysis.
- Postdoctoral experience in cell biology and bioinformatics.
Please apply online at submit a CV and one reference who we may contact directly to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02140
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 1 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information