Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist- Basbuam Lab
The Department of Anatomy is now recruiting for a Junior Specialist. The area of specialization/responsibilities for this position include:
- Neuroanatomy (immunohistochemistry and/or in situ hybridization)
- Behavioral testing including scoring of various behaviors in the mouse
- Molecular biology, including DNA extraction and PCR
- Ability handling mice, including colony maintenance
- Lab meetings, including participation in journal club and presentation of research data.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or at least four years of research experience.
- Computer skills: Excel and Outlook
- Experience with immunohistochemical and/or in situ hybridization studies in cryostat sections, ideally of nervous system tissues.
- Experience in behavioral testing of rodents
- Familiarity with statistical analyses of biological experiments
Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online and submit a CV and 2 letters of recommendation to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02131
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information