Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior or Assistant Specialist- Bose Lab
The Rohit Bose Lab ( http://rohitlab.org) at UCSF is searching for an exceptionally motivated and enthusiastic research specialist. The lab is run by a practicing physician-scientist focused on hormone-related cancers. Although primarily a lab-focused position, candidate may interface with clinical teams regarding patient data/samples. The lab is particularly focused on using patient data / samples to model disease in order to develop / test novel therapeutic strategies. The goal is to be an integral part of the Bose research team working with other lab members on cancer cell biology and to provide support at the same time. Position will require a degree of independence but will be under general supervision. There are several parts to this position:
- Collaborate with other members on research projects that focus on hormone-related cancer organoids etc.
- Support the organization of the Bose Lab, together with the other specialist. Order supplies, interact with vendors, troubleshoot equipment failure, administrative tasks, etc.
- This job is a balancing act and requires an organized person with talent for multi-tasking.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in molecular or cell biology, biochemistry, biology or a related discipline.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in molecular or cell biology, biochemistry, biology or a related discipline.
- Enjoys learning and science!
- Very precise protocol habits.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks routinely (plating cells, running samples, etc).
- Outstanding organizational and managerial skills.
- Flexibility to work occasionally in excess of 8 hours and/or on weekends
- A one-year time commitment is required, with possibility of extension.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of lab experience from academia or industry (beyond coursework lab experience) and familiarity with one or more of the following: mammalian cell culture, microscopy, immunostaining, immunofluorescence, molecular biology, use of mouse models.
- Candidates interested in gaining more experience prior to applying to graduate school are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online, submit a CV, and cover letter to https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02099
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information