Specialist – Cancer Biology Lab
Our research program focuses on elucidating the molecular mechanisms that define the various stages of carcinogenesis. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with extensive work experience in a cancer biology lab to assist the principal investigator with designing and executing experiments related to studying the cancer genome. The Specialist will be expected to play a major role in Lab Management, including the setting up and maintenance of tissue bank and cell line repositories and data bases. In addition, the incumbent will be largely responsible for managing lab databases and operations, such as ordering supplies and maintaining equipment contracts. The applicant is expected to have experience in nucleic acid isolation, protein analysis, flow cytometry, transfection of mammalian cells, in vitro culturing of cancer cell lines, and experience in high throughput drug screening using human and/or mouse cell lines.
• PhD degree in Molecular Biology or related field and/or ten or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas
• Knowledge of cell line high throughput screening assays
• Experience in the use of tissue repositories and databases for sample tracking and storage
• Expertise in isolation of DNA/RNA from mammalian tissues and cells, protein purification and analysis, e.g. ELISA and Western blots, PCR and gel electrophoresis
•Extensive experience working with mammalian cell culture particularly cancer cell lines is essential. Experience in high throughput small molecule, shRNA or CRISPR screens is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Flow cytometry techniques and analysis
• Excellent organizational and communication skills; detail-oriented; good at maintaining well-documented lab notebooks
• Ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work well with others to consistently meet project deadlines under high stress
• Ability to use word processing tools to generate figures for grants and publications, and generally provide assistance in grant preparation.
• Post-graduate training in relevant field
• Specialist knowledge of high throughput drug screens, and/or CRISPR/Cas or CRISPRi library screening
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02071.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 2 required (contact information only)