Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Certified Nurse Midwife – Clinical Faculty Position
The University of California, San Francisco has a mission to improve the lives and health of all women through excellence, innovation, and leadership in patient care, scientific discovery, education and advocacy.
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division, is seeking a CNM whose responsibilities will include Labor & Delivery and attending births with our OBGYN residents, OB Triage seeing patients of all risk levels, and postpartum rounding.
Responsibilities will also include teaching of residents, medical students and midwifery students. Centering Pregnancy has been an integral part of prenatal care at UCSF for over 10 years and is well supported by the department. Midwives have been part of the MFM Division for over 20 years.
Minimum qualifications (may be in process during application period, however, must be possessed by the time of hire) are:
- RN and CNM (with furnishing) licensure per the California Board of Registered Nursing
- DEA number
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board
- Master’s degree in nursing, public health, or a related field
Desired qualifications are:
- Minimum of one-year clinical experience as a CNM (antepartum and intrapartum)
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Strong communication and interdisciplinary team work skills
- Expertise and/or experience in caring for underserved populations
- Experience facilitating Centering Pregnancy groups
- Skill in clinical preception of student nurse-midwives
Faculty rank and salary are based upon qualifications and experience. We offer a supportive and stimulating environment with excellent benefits.
Please apply online: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02038 and submit a CV, cover letter, a statement of Contributions to Diversity, and the names and email addresses of 2 references who we may contact directly.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information