Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research at the University of California San Francisco is seeking to fill a position as a research technician and laboratory manager. We are seeking highly motivated, independent, and organized individuals for a full-time research technician in a neurobiology lab. The appropriate candidate will be assisting in research to understand the role of glial cells in the developing and adult brain. The work will be at the University of California San Francisco Parnassus campus, and the individual will have close be mentored. The academic nature of this position will provide a good foundation for a candidate who wishes to gain laboratory experience prior to commencing graduate studies, either in basic science or medicine.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in ongoing studies of mouse models The candidate must be comfortable working with laboratory animals and dissecting procedures, after training. In addition to work with postdoctoral fellows in various histology studies, the candidate will participate in the maintenance of transgenic mouse colonies; perform ear-tagging and tail-clipping, PCR-based genotyping.
- Write and edit manuscripts The candidate will have amble opportunities in co-authoring original research articles, review papers, book chapters, as well as editing manuscripts and grant applications.
- Assist with lab moving during summer/fall of 2018 The candidate will be responsible for lab ordering and other general lab business.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts in Biology, neuroscience, or a closely related field, as well as some lab experience. Must possess at least a Bachelor's degree at time of hire.
Meticulous record keeping and organizational skills are a must, and good communication skills are essential. Applicants with strong academic interests and excellent writing skills are highly desirable.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02023
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information