Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist- Schjerven Lab
We are seeking a self-motivated team-member in the specialist series at the Junior, Assistant, or Associate ranks to both provide support to the PI and other lab members in regards to various general laboratory tasks, as well as perform research on pre-defined project(s). We therefore seek a person who is genuinely interested in research, with strong collaborative skills and that also has the ability to work independently and meet project goals with minimal supervision within defined tasks. Our lab works on transcriptional regulation in the immune system, and use both mouse models as well as human cells to study hematopoietic development and malignancies, including autoimmunity and blood cancers. We utilize a broad specter of molecular and cellular biology methods to answer our research questions, including CRISPR-derived technology for functional studies, and next generation high throughput sequencing for 'omics' analysis. The successful applicant will support and actively take part in ongoing research projects, and will have the opportunity to learn from the excellent and active academic research environment at UCSF as a whole.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years of research experience.
- Experience in general laboratory work, including one of the following: Mouse colony maintenance, molecular biology, cell culture/cell biology, advanced flow cytometry, immunological techniques, microscopy, or generation (and analysis) of next generation high throughput sequencing. The applicant is only required to have previous experience in one of the above 'wet lab' areas, as training will be provided in other areas, as needed.
- Proficient written and spoken English communication.
- Applicants must possess the basic qualifications by the time of the appointment. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online and submit a CV and cover letter to https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02000. Please also provide the names and email addresses of three references who we may contact directly.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information