Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
IND Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism Professional Researcher Series
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is recruiting a Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism Scientist for the Professional Researcher Series. The director of the IND is Nobel Laureate Dr. Stanley Prusiner. This position will be part of a collaborative environment with access to state-of-the-art facilities in the new Sandler Neurosciences Building on the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
In this role, you will add expertise to the discovery of novel chemical entities (NCE) for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases by developing and carrying out assays to predict and understand pharmacokinetic and drug metabolism profiles. You will be responsible for analyzing samples from pharmacokinetics studies and developing novel formulations for dosing NCEs.
• Must possess a doctorate or its equivalent
• At least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment such as the MS/MS system and liquid chromatography described below) working on small molecule pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, pharmacology, or toxicology
• Experience in quantitative analysis on LC-MS/MS systems
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Must possess the basic qualifications by the time of the appointment
• Ph.D. with training in pharmacokinetics, pharmacy, pharmacology or a related discipline.
• Candidates with experience in neuroscience and blood-brain barrier permeability are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Experience with metabolite identification, in vitro ADME assays, such as protein binding, microsomal stability, metabolite identification, and transporter assays, and formulating NCE for dosing
• Experience with qPCR, cell culture, western blots, and ELISA for in vitro assay
• Experience with automated liquid handlers for high throughput screening
The Professional Research series is used for appointees who engage in independent or collaborative research equivalent to that required for the Professor series. Professional Researchers may or may not be Principal Investigators. Candidates in the Professional Research series do not have teaching responsibilities. Advancement in this series requires meritorious contributions in the area of creative activity and professional competence. Candidates at the Assistant rank are not required to participate in University and/or public service; however at the Associate level or above, candidates are expected to participate in some form of service.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01981
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - cover letter should include 1-2 paragraphs describing applicant's research experience and long-term goals.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information