The Department of Cell & Tissue Biology is now recruiting for an Assistant Professional Researcher. The candidate will be responsible for conducting research in the space allocated to the Derynck lab. The research area of interest relates to the control of epithelial to mesenchymal transdifferentiation in cancer and/or in the interactions of cancer cells with stromal cell populations. The candidate will be responsible for the experimental design and execution of all technical aspects of each task, and play a major role in the interpretation of all the results.
• PhD or MD/PhD with degree in Biochemistry and Cell Biology.
• A track record of substantial experience in molecular and cell biology.
• Postdoctoral Experience (at least 4 years).
• Ability to carry out and drive a project independently.
• Interest and expertise into the control of epigenetic modification by cell-cell communication and intracellular signaling is very desirable.
• Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Please apply by August 1, 2018 to ensure full consideration for the position. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01971
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)