Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior or Assistant Specialist – Baranzini Lab
The Department of Neurology is seeking to hire a full-time Junior or Assistant Specialist to provide support for users of a state-of-the-art gnotobiotic mouse facility.
- Maintain our specialized gnotobiotic mouse facility at UCSF Mission Bay Campus.
- Basic mouse husbandry within gnotobiotic isolators
- Monitoring of food, water, and bedding conditions.
- Sterilization and introduction of food, cages, bedding, water, and environmental enrichment as necessary.
- Germ-free monitoring via basic aerobic and anaerobic culture methods, DNA extraction, PCR, and agarose gel electrophoresis will also be performed.
- Perform mouse health checks and interacting with veterinary staff as necessary.
- Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years of research experience.
- Comfortable handling mice
- Able to keep daily notebook of tasks performed and tracking of animals in an online database
- Applicants must possess the basic qualifications by the time of the appointment.
- Experience with murine gavage is a plus
- genotyping (via tailing, digestion, PCR, and agarose gel electrophoresis)
- mouse identification via ear punch
- colony maintenance
- euthanasia via CO2 and cervical dislocation
Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training. Please apply online and submit a CV to https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01970
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information