Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Program Manager, Molecular Oncology Initiative
The Molecular Oncology Initiative (MOI) is a part of the larger precision medicine strategic plan for the University of California San Francisco. The overall goal of the MOI is to facilitate and promote the use of genomic testing to advance precision treatment of adult and pediatric malignancies treated at UCSF. The Program Manager for the UCSF HDFCCC (Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center) MOI will be responsible for hands-on management of data associated with the initiative as well as managing all programmatic aspects of the initiative. The data in question is primarily related to the results of genomic analysis and the associated patient clinical data. A key aspect of the MOI is to organize weekly or bi-weekly molecular tumor boards which are attended by clinicians, pathologists and staff and where individual patients are discussed in the context of molecular testing results. The role of Project Manager is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the implementation and optimization of an NGS-based, large gene panel molecular diagnostic assay in the clinic, as well as facilitate molecular oncology research and innovation on the genomic and clinical datasets generated by this assay.
• Facilitate the curation, integration, management, and sharing of genomic and clinical data (and associated IRB-approved protocols and registries) associated with the UCSF500 molecular diagnostic panel.
• Manage UCSF’s participation in genomic/clinical data sharing initiatives including AACR Project GENIE.
• In collaboration with the Clinical Cancer Genetics Lab and meeting coordinator, run the bi-weekly UCSF Molecular Tumor Board, including setting and communicating the agenda, handling meeting logistics, transcription and curation of molecular tumor board recommendations.
• Plan and facilitate monthly Molecular Oncology Initiative Steering Committee meetings, including setting agenda, presenting program updates, transcribing meeting minutes, and sending follow-up action items.
• Facilitate ongoing, and identify new collaboration opportunities both within UCSF (e.g. ICHS) and with external partners.
• In collaboration with key stakeholders, identify and facilitate funding opportunities for the initiative.
• Represent the Molecular Oncology Initiative as needed (e.g. at monthly Precision Medicine Initiative Committee meetings).
• M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent degree in molecular oncology, cancer genomics, or related field
• 4+ years of experience related cancer genomics in a clinical or research setting
• Experience with project management, grant writing, and manuscript preparation
• Significant initiative and motivation with the ability to work independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, collaborators, and key stakeholders in the initiative
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01953.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information