Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Department of Anthropology, History & Social Medicine and the Institute for Health Policy Studies University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Anthropology, History & Social Medicine (DAHSM) and the Institute for Health Policy Studies (IHPS) invites applications for an Adjunct series faculty position at the Assistant rank.
We are seeking a scientist with an established or promising research career with extramural funding in the area of medical anthropology and health policy with preferred areas of expertise in medical anthropology, dementia and brain health, health policy, health research methods, medical sociology, global and public health, anthropology of health and illness, social and environmental analysis of science.
The successful candidate will have the following:
1) Research programs that will be synergistic with departmental teaching and departmental/institute research priorities.
2) Candidates must have earned a Doctoral Degree or equivalent terminal degree at the start of the appointment.
3) Demonstrated sustained record of extramural funding for research in one or more of the areas listed above. The primary academic emphasis of these positions is research, but candidates must also possess excellent teaching and mentoring skills, have a record of contributions to university and public service, and have demonstrated evidence of professional competence as appropriate to their level of experience.
4) Candidates are expected to cover their salary, fringe benefits, any shared Department and Institute expenses, and other specific expenses related to their programs through extramural funding.
Submit cover letter, CV, statement of research, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity, and contact information for three (3) references to the following link: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01942.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information