Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF seeks applications for a Specialist at the Junior, Assistant, Associate or Full rank. Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. The candidate will perform molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction, PCR, plasmid preparation and basic cloning. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for tissue culture and flow cytometry, perform basic molecular and cellular biology experiments, maintenance of accurate notebooks and computer records, and perform other duties as assigned.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must have a BA/BS degree in biological sciences or a related science or at least 4 years of related work experience in performing molecular biology.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate rank must have a master’s or PhD degree in biological sciences or related science or at least 5 years of related work experience in performing molecular biology.
• Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) in biological sciences or a related science or ten or more years of related work experience in performing molecular biology.
• Knowledge of and experience with basic cell and molecular biology protocols: tissue culture, PCR, DNA sequence analysis and cloning; comfort working with instrumentation and computers; maintenance of accurate notebooks and computer files; team player with good communication and interpersonal skills; willingness to learn, seek out advice and admit errors; highly motivated to succeed.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision is key for this position.
• All requirements must be met by the appointment date.
• Cell culture and microscopy experience.
• Experience carrying out flow cytometry assays.
• Analytical skills and comfort with basic statistics a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience with basic molecular biology protocols.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01842.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents