Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Nursing
Department of Physiological Nursing
TITLE: PATHOPHYSIOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN)
Series: Instructor, Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series
The Pathophysiology faculty is responsible for providing content expertise for the Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN) pre-licensure year curriculum. MEPN admits students who have completed a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing discipline or field of study. The Content Expert is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) at the “Instructor” level. The Pathophysiology course is offered once per year during the Summer Quarter. This is a one year, part-time position.
• Participates with MEPN faculty in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the MEPN curriculum.
• Develops and updates course content, syllabus, and course materials for assigned course(s).
• Supervises, teaches, and evaluates students in classroom and simulated experiences.
• Participates with faculty and program administration in program evaluation activities (as assigned).
• Attends all MEPN program meetings and School/Campus committees (as assigned).
• Participates in the orientation, on-going development and mentoring of MEPN faculty colleagues.
• Contributes to professional, community, and academic organizations and to the University at the Campus, School, and Department levels.
• Active and clear Registered Nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Master’s degree in nursing is required.
• Demonstrated experience teaching Pathophysiology to pre- or post-licensure nursing students within the past 5 years.
• Evidence demonstrating a record of success leading, supervising and/or working with diverse and multicultural, multi-disciplinary groups or teams.
• Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
• Doctoral degree – PhD, EdD, or DNP
• A minimum of five years teaching experience and Pathophysiology teaching experience in pre- post licensure nursing programs within the past 3 years.
• Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in other scholarly and/or other creative activities.
• Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with multiple organizational levels and contacts: faculty, students, external key contacts, community-based, and campus leadership.
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies and supervised teaching residency/practicum.
• Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, &/or Middle Eastern languages.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01826.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Current California Registered Nurse License
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information