Associate or Full Specialist in Krummel Lab
The Department of Pathology is now inviting applications for an Associate or Full Specialist. The area of specialization of this position entails a hybrid of multiple computational / data / Cyberinfrastrcture (CI) dominated fields such as, but not limited to, bioinformatics, geological information services (GIS), data analytics, and computational chemistry. This position will apply computational, computer science, data science and cyber infrastructure (CI) research and development principles, with relevant domain science knowledge, to perform research and technology integration and development. Responsibilities include research, design, development, analysis, operation, and support of high performance computing (HPC) and data science research, software, tools and hardware resources. Develops data algorithms and performs computations, statistical analyses, interpretation and reporting of research. This specialty / function exists for those positions whose primary responsibility is to do research and use computational and data science technology as a tool to accomplish the research.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of research experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of HPC / data science / CI.
• Advanced skills, and demonstrated experience associated with one or more of the following: HPC hardware and software power and performance analysis and research, design, modification, implementation and deployment of HPC or data science or CI applications and tools.
• Demonstrated ability to regularly interface with management.
• Demonstrated ability to contribute research and technical content to grant proposals.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization and to external research and education audiences.
• Proven skills and experience in independently resolving broad computing / data / CI problems using introductory and / or intermediate principles.
• Demonstrated broad experience in one or more of the following: optimizing, benchmarking, HPC performance and power modeling, analyzing hardware, software, and applications for HPC / data / CI.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training. Please submit your application online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01811.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 references required (contact information only)