Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Associate Specialist at UCSF
The QBI at UCSF is seeking a candidate to assist us with our expanding research projects.
The specialist will perform molecular biology and biochemistry experiments to generate new mammalian cell lines and use mass spectrometry to define protein-protein interactions within these cell lines. Specific techniques utilized will include: mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning, PCR, gel electrophoresis, transient transfection, and stable transfection with clonal selection, lentiviral production and purification, Flow cytometry (FACS), DNA and/or RNA isolation and manipulation, quantitative PCR, DNA/RNA sequencing, mass spectrometry sample preparation and instrument operation.
Additionally, the specialist will be responsible for a variety of lab management tasks, such as ordering supplies and managing budgets.
- A Master’s degree in Molecular Biology or related field OR a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of relevant experience.
- One or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods described above; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in the maintenance and operation of mass spectrometers
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with students, postdoctoral fellows, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks routinely (plating cells, running samples, etc).
- Exceptional equipment use and protocol habits.
- Outstanding organizational and managerial skills.
- Computer literacy with particular experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- Capable and interested in mastering new laboratory skills
- Previous lab management experience
We are a lab focused on generating large-scale quantitative physical interaction maps and using these large-scale datasets to then formulate hypotheses about various biological processes, which we ultimately test. We also develop tools and software to help facilitate integration and navigation of these different datasets with the ultimate goal of further understanding cellular physiology.
Please apply online and send your CV in a PDF attachment to AP recruit: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01808.
We regret that we are not able to respond to all inquiries.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents