Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Family Health Faculty
Department of Family Health Care Nursing
UCSF School of Nursing
The Department of Family Health Care Nursing announces a search for a ladder rank tenure track faculty position. We are seeking a nurse-scientist with an established or promising research program to strengthen and expand our current research portfolio in family health in any of the following areas:
- Prevention or treatment of chronic conditions across the life course and reduction of the burden for individuals and families
- Individual and family health-related transitions
- Psychological, physiological, social and environmental factors influencing family health
- Health equity for under-served individuals and families in low-resource U.S. or global settings
The preferred candidate should also have research methods expertise in one or more of the following areas: intervention trials, qualitative research methods, patient and family engagement in health care, community-based research, health services research, implementation science, longitudinal cohorts or large data analytics.
Candidates should be academically prepared to teach in the School of Nursing PhD program and contribute to teaching in the MS core or specialty tracks.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Teaching and advising masters and doctoral students in nursing and sociology
- Developing/establishing a program of research in Maternal, Child or Family Health that is synergistic with emphases of the department and/or other organized research units or initiatives on campus
- Disseminating research knowledge and engaging in professional activities at local, regional, national and international levels
- Contributing to the leadership and direction of UCSF, the School of Nursing and the Department of Family Health Care Nursing.
Applicants must have a Doctoral Degree or equivalent terminal degree in nursing or a related field at the start of the appointment; an established or developing program of research focused on health of families or their members, including children or adults, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and/or funded grants in this area.
Appointments will be at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank. Preference will be given to candidates with a sustained record of extramural funding for research in one or more of the areas listed above and a strong peer-reviewed publication record. Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse is desirable. A complete application will include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity, 2-3 copies of key publications, and three reference contacts.
Submit Applications at the following link: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01785. Cover letter should be addressed to Linda Franck, RN, PhD, FRCPCH, FAAN, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Family Health Care Nursing. Department staff contact for application questions is Michelle Hamilton, email Michelle.Hamilton@ucsf.edu. This position is open until filled. Please apply within one month of the appearance of the advertisement to ensure full consideration.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
2-3 copies of key publications
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information