Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, UCSF Women’s and Children’s Services
HS Clinical or Clinical X Faculty Series, Department of Pediatrics, UCSF School of Medicine
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals San Francisco and Oakland, and UCSF Betty Irene Moore Women’s Hospital
The UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals and UCSF Betty Irene Moore Women’s Hospital are recruiting the position of Associate Chief Medical Information Officer (ACMIO) for UCSF Women’s and Children’s Services. This role provides clinical and informatics leadership to achieve the strategic priorities of UCSF Women’s and Children’s Services, as enabled by technology.
The ACMIO oversees the work of the site-specific inpatient and ambulatory physician informatics leadership at the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Oakland and San Francisco and all UCSF sites that provide Obstetric and Pediatric care. The ACMIO must possess an understanding of the unique clinical and operational needs in informatics of each of these entities and, working with the Chief Health Information Officer, aligning the resources of UCSF Health Informatics, Clinical Systems, and Information Technology to meet these needs. The ACMIO is a key partner to the Chief Medical Officer of UCSF Children’s Services, Executive Director of Operations for UCSF BCH San Francisco, Chief Medical Officer for UCSF BCH Oakland, and Executive Medical Director of UCSF Benioff Children’s Physicians. The ACMIO also works closely with UCSF Health’s administrative and clinical leadership, the School of Medicine leadership in the Departments of Pediatrics and Obstetrics, and the clinical staff, to provide information systems and services in support of excellence in patient care, education, and research at UCSF Health and UC Health.
The selected candidate must qualify for a concurrent faculty appointment, with or without salary, in the Department of Pediatrics, and practice their clinical specialty at UCSF for at least 15 percent effort. The faculty appointment will be made at the Assistant, Associate, or full Professor rank of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical or Clinical X faculty series.
Qualified candidates must possess:
• California medical license or equivalent licensure in another state and the qualifications for licensure in California. Obtaining California licensure within 120 days of appointment is a condition of continued employment
• Board certification in Pediatrics, Obstetrics, or a Pediatric specialty. Minimum eight (8) years of leadership experience in healthcare information technology, preferably in large integrated health system(s) and academic medical center(s)
• Leadership involvement of at least one prior Epic implementation in a complex academic medical center environment, or extensive post-implementation experience at an Epic site
Preferred qualifications include graduate or fellowship training in Biomedical/Clinical Informatics, with Board certification in Clinical Informatics or an advanced degree in Informatics.
In addition, the candidate should be a highly regarded, clinically active physician with outstanding leadership ability in a complex, matrixed academic health delivery environment; ability to communicate across clinical, technical, financial, and executive audiences; and outstanding technical skills, analytical ability, judgment, and operational focus. Other ideal traits and skills include:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities
• Excellent skill and experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
• Ability to build relationships, including support for aligned planning and governance processes
• Perseverance in the setting of complex problems and the implementation of solutions with long timelines
• Ability to listen and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
• Deep understanding of informatics and data analysis
• Deep understanding of regional and national health care trends and the implications for clinical informatics
• Flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health and partner locations
Interested candidates must apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01782 with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, titles, and contact information for three peer references who we may contact directly.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information