Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is now recruiting for a Junior or Assistant Specialist. This position is in a basic science laboratory focusing on synthetic biology approaches to improving T cell cancer therapy. You will have the opportunity to work independently under general supervision on exciting research projects focused on CAR T cell technology that could lead to publications in scientific journals and clinical trials to treat patients with cancer and other diseases. Specific tasks include molecular biology, cell culture, flow cytometry, FACS, new assay development, and experimental design. Training is available for specialized tasks. You will work directly with Dr. Jonathan Esensten, who is an Assistant Adjunct Professor in the Department of Laboratory Medicine, and who was a postdoctoral fellow with Dr. Wendell Lim. Your primary supervisor is Dr. Esensten.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
- Experience with basic molecular biology and cellular immunology techniques including plasmid design and cloning, primary lymphocyte culture, flow cytometry, and lymphocyte adoptive transfer experiments into mice. Familiarity with basic statistical and graphical analysis of data.
- Post-graduate training in field
- Flow-based lymphocyte sorting, RNA isolation, database management, experience writing scientific papers.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01760.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information