Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, San Francisco
Junior or Assistant Specialist (Perera Lab)
The Perera Lab at UCSF is searching for a research specialist at the Junior or Assistant level to start in early 2018. We are looking for talented, motivated and enthusiastic individuals for this position. Candidates can find more information about our research at: http://rushikapereralab.com.
- Appointees at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline.
- Appointees at the Assistant rank must possess a Master’s degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Biology or a related discipline.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of lab experience (beyond coursework lab experience) and familiarity with one or more of the following: mammalian cell culture, microscopy, immunostaining, immunofluorescence, molecular biology, use of mouse models.
- A two-year time commitment is required, with possibility of extension.
Candidates with prior research experience in academia or industry, and candidates interested in gaining more experience prior to applying to graduate school are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01744.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents