Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Frank Lab at the University of California, San Francisco is looking for a Junior Specialist to begin work in the Winter or Spring of 2018. This is a full-time paid position, two-year (minimum) commitment is required, during which the technician will work directly with graduate student or post-doctoral mentors performing in vivo electrophysiology recordings in rats during complex behaviors. The scientific goal of the project is to develop an understanding of the role of the hippocampus in memory-guided decision-making.
- Handling and behavioral training of rats
- Construction of microelectrode drives
- Development and analysis of behavioral paradigms
- Collection of large scale electrophysiological and behavioral datasets
- A Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience, bioengineering or a related field by the start date
- Experience with animal handling and behavior
- Experience with hippocampal physiology
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01727.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information