Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, San Francisco
Department of Neurology
As the Specialist, under the supervision of the PI, the incumbent will track patients’ visits to the Clinic, review medical records, identify patients meeting study eligibility criteria, and then recruit the patients for participation in studies pertaining to multiple sclerosis, cognition and reproductive health. The incumbent will complete CRF’s, data entry and quality control. Incumbent will work closely with other coordinators at the MS Center as well as study investigators.
Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must. Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment. Incumbent will also recruit and enroll new subjects to supplement the existing cohort as needed.
• Must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience (e.g. with instrumentation and research equipment, social science methods, or creative activities).
• Coursework in neuroscience, human biology, or psychology.
• Experience working or volunteering with vulnerable populations.
• A 2-year commitment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with medical terminology.
• Experience working with patients or study subjects.
• Ability to abstract data from medical records and transfer it to data collection forms or directly into databases.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online via AP Recruit at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01717
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information