Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
CHIEF OF AUDIOLOGY
Department of Otolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery University of California, San Francisco
The University of California, San Francisco is searching for a new Chief of Audiology. The position’s primary responsibility is to identify and promote a central, unified mission for the department which builds upon the rich clinical and academic history of the program and affords UCSF visibility and recognition on a regional, national, and international level. The Chief of Audiology is expected to have a Ph.D. and preferably a record of publications. Academic and clinical interests in cochlear implantation are preferred. In this full time position, the Chief of Audiology will be expected to maintain a clinical practice, and will participate in clinical training and research programs for medical students, residents, and Au.D. candidates. The selected candidate will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Clinical X or HS Clinical series depending on qualifications and interests.
- Direct research programs in audiology
- Promote, mentor, model, and lead scholarly activity in the department
- Maintain a clinical practice
- Encourage and foster collaborative research relationships within the department and with peer institutions
- Participate in dissemination of research findings in various formats including regional, national, and international conference podiums and posters, and peer-reviewed journals
- Foster a department culture of collegiality, collaboration, and trust, will promote and demonstrate innovation and resourcefulness, and will seek to promote partnerships within the department, community, and other related programs
- Participate in teaching of residents and students
- PhD degree
- Au.D. degree or other clinical audiology degree
- California Audiology license or eligible for California Licensure
All applicants must apply online with CV, cover letter, statement of research and two references at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01715.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information