Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Medicine is seeking a microbiologist for a full time faculty position. The selected candidate will be appointed as an Assistant or Associate Adjunct Professor.
The candidate will develop a research program in the fields of microbiology and infectious diseases, with an emphasis on streptococcal pathogenesis, bacterial protein transport, and glycobiology. These would include originating and performing research studies that can successfully compete for extramural funding and result in publications in high quality peer-reviewed journals. Specific duties will include:
- Serving as a principal investigator for one or more research projects. This will include identifying specific areas of laboratory investigation in the above fields of emphasis and successfully performing original scientific research.
- Designing and performing laboratory experiments, with accurate collection of data and appropriate analysis.
- Assuring data quality, integrity and preservation.
- Supervision of laboratory technicians.
- Supervising and teaching students and postdoctoral scholars.
- Working with the supervisor (Dr. Sullam) and his associates to review the overall research progress of the laboratory and plan the direction of future work.
- Originating manuscripts for publication in national and international scientific journals. Incumbent is principal or co-author.
- Originate or assist with the preparation of research grant proposals, interim progress reports, and special reports as required.
- Presenting the research results at national and international meetings.
- Service as safety officer for the lab.
• Ph.D. in microbiology or a related field.
• Expertise in streptococcal genetics, glycobiology, and bacterial transport systems.
• Track record of publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Demonstrated ability to obtain competitive funding from extramural scientific agencies agencies.
• Familiarity with mass spectrometry of glycans.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01706. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents