We are a neuroscience lab that specializes in understanding oligodendrocyte cells and disorders of myelin in brain and spinal cord. The lab performs in vivo and in vitro experiments to study the process of myelination. The ability to perform standard laboratory procedures such as molecular biology, DNA cloning, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization are preferred. Experience of culturing cells in vitro, and standard cell culture techniques and practices are also preferred. The applicant will also be involved in handling rodents, and standard methods for genotyping transgenic mice.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Experience in standard laboratory procedures such as molecular biology, DNA cloning, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization.
• Experience of culturing cells in vitro, and standard cell culture techniques and practices.
• Post-graduate training in field.
• Independent specialized research.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01700
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)