Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Surgery is seeking an Associate Specialist. Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service.
Incumbent will execute projects related to vascular graft healing, under the direct supervision of the PI. S/he will:
- Conduct studies on vascular injury and grafting in various animal models (e.g. mouse, rabbit, etc.), including the use of microsurgical techniques
- Process and analyze tissues from animal experiments, including histologic examination, immunostaining, and quantification of gene expression
- Complete cell and molecular biology experiments providing mechanistic links to the in-vivo studies
- Analyze data; write abstract; and prepare manuscript.
MD and PhD are required. We prefer candidate who have training in vascular surgery.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01698.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents