University of California, San Francisco
School of Nursing
Department of Community Health Systems
The Department of Community Health Systems announces a search for a ladder rank tenure track faculty position. We are seeking a scientist with an established research program to strengthen and expand our current research portfolio in any of the following areas:
- Population Based Chronic Disease Management
- Primary Prevention of psychological, physiological, social, environmental and occupational factors influencing population health and inequalities in health
- Population based interventions using technology and/or informatics
- Bio-Behavioral Processes – mechanistic research to elucidate the pathways relevant to the etiology and course of chronic health problems (e.g., epigenetics, inflammatory or neuroendocrine processes)
The candidate must also have research methods expertise in one or more of the following areas: quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods research, community-based participatory research, health services research, implementation science, longitudinal cohorts or large data analytics.
The candidate will be expected to collaborate with faculty in other departments within the School of Nursing as well as across the campus. Candidates should be academically prepared to teach in the School of Nursing doctoral program and contribute to teaching in the master’s program.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing/establishing a program of research in Community Health that is synergistic with emphases of the department and/or other organized research units on campus
- Teaching and advising masters and doctoral students in nursing and sociology
- Disseminating research knowledge and engaging in professional activities at local, regional, national and international levels
- Contributing to service and the leadership and direction of UCSF, the School of Nursing and the Department of Community Health Systems
Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent terminal degree in nursing or a related field at the start of the appointment. Preference will be given to candidates with a sustained record of extramural funding for research in one or more of the areas listed above and a strong peer-reviewed publication record. Although not required for this position, formal training as a Adult Nurse Practitioner is desirable.
A complete application will include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research, statement of teaching, copies of 2 key publications, and three reference contacts.
Submit applications at the following link: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01696
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)