Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Neonatal Faculty (NNP or CNS)
UCSF SCHOOL OF NURSING
Department of Family Health Care Nursing
Title: Neonatal Specialty Faculty (NNP or CNS)
Academic Series and Title: Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor
This clinical faculty position is a part-time position (20-60% FTE) in the Department of Family Health Care Nursing, for the Neonatal Specialty.
Please apply online with CV/resume, cover letter, statement of teaching, statement of contribution to diversity and contact information for three (3) references to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01686.
• Participate with neonatal faculty in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the neonatal curriculum.
• Develop, organize and schedule clinical practice and residency experiences for NNP and/or CNS students.
• Develop and evaluate clinical sites and support and evaluate clinical preceptors in acute care neonatal practice areas.
• Evaluate and/or directly mentor NNP or CNS students in acute care neonatal practice sites.
• Provide academic advisement to assigned students.
• Participate in neonatal program meetings and department/school/campus committees as assigned.
• Advance the neonatal role through clinical scholarship activities.
• Support neonatal faculty teaching by participating as a lecturer and/or clinical mentor for skills lab and simulation experiences.
• Develop and implement coursework to support ongoing curricular requirements for the neonatal specialty.
• Active, unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing
• Graduation from an advanced practice training program with either national certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) or eligibility for national certification as a Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialist (NCNS)
• Master’s degree in Nursing or equivalent
• Two or more years of clinical experience in acute care neonatal nursing
Additional Experience Preferred:
• Two or more years of experience teaching in advanced practice nursing programs, with responsibility for course design and implementation
• Two or more years of clinical mentoring of neonatal students
• Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in scholarly or other creative activities
• Evidence of participation and/or leadership experience in national professional organizations
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, innovative teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching experiences
• Multilingual skills, preferred language: Spanish
• Evidence demonstrating a record of success leading, supervising and/or working with diverse and multi-cultural, interprofessional groups or teams
• Strong communication, writing and interpersonal abilities
Affirmative Action Statement:
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information