Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
QBI - UCSF has full-time openings for Scientific Research Analysts // Science Project Manager
Scientific Research Analysts to help to coordinate large scientific initiatives which would include: preparing research manuscripts and grants for the Krogan lab and QBI-UCSF. We are looking for a sharp science writer and analyst with managerial skills who also wants to manage some new science projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate is expected to provide input, be involved with, although not doing the actual research.
This person will be the right hand for a prolific lead scientist who puts out a large volume of grants. The right candidate should be independent, a self starter and someone who likes to suggest new approaches when needed. Hard worker willing to put in long hours; some travel.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
Science grant research, and identifying grant opportunities
Seeking out and identifying philanthropic and private sector grants, donations or gifts as well as fellowships.
Project Management of science activities and grants:
Assisting PI in creating budgets for grant components
Writing out/editing budget justifications and bio sketches for grants
Gathering of documents and various components for grants
Liaise and collaborate with RMS department on large grants
· The position requires at least PhD in Life Sciences.
· Relevant work experience is a plus
· Publishing/writing experience a plus
All candidates will be asked to:
• Demonstrate the ability to write clearly and accurately to deadline
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask and quickly prioritize work assignments
• Demonstrate the ability to research, write and manipulate data through knowledgeable use of online technologies, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as equivalent software on Apple products.
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze, categorize and summarize key aspects of clinical trial data, lab research, drugs research and bioscience information
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with information sources and colleagues in a professional and affable manner
The work environment is casual; however, professional behavior, rapt attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are absolute requirements.
Candidate must be able to work with a prolific, high-energy scientist with complex schedule needs.
Finally, all QBI-UCSF employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
Sense of humor non-negotiable. Preferably erring on the side of dry.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01670 for further consideration.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information