Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, San Francisco
Department of Neurology
The Wilson Lab is now recruiting for a Professional Researcher. We are seeking a PhD-level (or equivalent) scientist with a background in protein biochemistry to help develop tests for an array of neurologic autoimmune diseases with the goal of eventually transitioning these research-based diagnostic tools into a CLIA-lab environment so that these assays been used as clinical diagnostic tests for patients. The incumbent should have in depth experience with a variety of biochemistry and molecular biology techniques including but not limited to ELISA assays, Western blotting, cloning, protein expression and purification, cell-based expression assays, qPCR as well as database and sample management. This position is embedded within a dynamic research group withing the UCSF Center for Next-Gen Precision Diagnostics that is intent on developing novel and improved diagnostic tools so the incumbent should be interested and skilled in translating novel research findings into clinically actionable diagnostic tests for a variety of neuroinflammatory disorders ranging from multiple sclerosis to autoimmune encephalitis.
• PhD degree in an appropriate field of science or technology or equivalent in education and related laboratory experience.
• 7+ years of research-related experience.
• Generally experienced in job duties and in the principles and practices associated with those duties with an understanding of the underlying scientific principles.
• Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed.
• Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expertise.
• Able to learn complex tasks with general instruction. Able to use experience to perform a variety of new techniques.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01666
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information