Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Health Sciences Clinical Faculty Series, Division of Child Neurology, Department of Neurology
School of Medicine, UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
The Department of Neurology at UCSF is seeking a board eligible/board certified Pediatric Neurologist to join our Division of Child Neurology and our dynamic and supportive practice at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland (BCHO). The selected candidate will be appointed at the Assistant, Associate, or full Professor rank of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical faculty series.
Formerly Children’s Hospital Oakland, BCHO has delivered exceptional medical care to children from all regions of California for over 100 years. More than 2,600 staff and 550 physicians at BCHO care for more than 10,000 inpatients and 250,000 outpatients each year. Our trauma center is an ACS verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center (one of only five in California) and is dedicated exclusively to caring for children, with over 400 air transports and 48,000 emergency room visits per year.
The Benioff Children’s Hospitals have over 30 pediatric sub-specialties and are ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the nation’s "Best Hospitals". Child Neurology is an integral part of the UCSF Pediatric Brain Center, and is a destination program bringing together physicians from all disciplines related to nervous system health in children. The San Francisco and Oakland Child Neurology and Pediatric Neurosurgery programs are integrating into one marquee service line spanning both campuses.
The Division of Child Neurology has more than 20 faculty on the San Francisco campus, with experts in every subspecialty domain, internationally regarded basic and clinical research programs, and a highly competitive Child Neurology residency program (three positions per year). The Oakland Neurology practice currently consists of six neurologists, four advanced practice nurses, five EEG technologists, and a clinical social worker. The service sees approximately 7000 patient visits per year, with new patients making up 40 percent of this number. The electrodiagnostic laboratory performs more than 1500 EEG studies per year. Neurology faculty actively participate in the teaching of residents and medical students. Physicians may be involved in clinical research, clinical trials, as well as basic research and translational research.
Qualified candidates will possess a medical degree from an accredited medical school, medical license in the State of California, accredited residency training in Pediatric Neurology, Board Certification in Neurology with Special Certification in Child Neurology. Interest in Epilepsy is also required due to the high volume of epilepsy patients in our practice; additional Board Certification in Epilepsy is a preferred qualification for this position, as is post-fellowship experience.
• Participation in shared 1 in 6 call coverage with the other members of the Oakland campus division
• Participation in training/supervision and clinical mentoring of residents and medical students
• Provision of patient care in the ambulatory and inpatient settings
• Provision of EEG interpretation if Board Certified/Eligible in Epilepsy
• Participates as requested in quality improvement, utilization management and other institutional initiatives.
• Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education.
• Provides accurate, complete and timely documentation of clinical services rendered using the Epic electronic health record.
• Ensures communication with other specialists and primary care providers to facilitate patient care.
• Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area.
• Participates in continuing medical education and other activities to maintain and enhance professional development
• Participation in scholarly and University service activities
Applicants must apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01657, with a cover letter, CV, and the names, titles, and e-mail addresses of three peer references who we may contact directly. Applications received outside the online process will not be considered.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information