Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Adjunct Faculty – part time
Healthcare Administration and Interprofessional Leadership
University of California San Francisco
Position Justification Summary
The UCSF Master of Science program in Healthcare Administration and Interprofessional Leadership (MS-HAIL) aims to provide graduate education in management and interprofessional leadership for early to mid-career professionals. Graduates will develop skills and knowledge to effect essential change in healthcare systems that improve access, affordability, quality and safety for healthcare consumers.
MS HAIL, the first hybrid online-on-campus interprofessional graduate degree program at UCSF is housed in the School of Nursing Dean’s Office and has its academic home in the Department of Community Health Systems. The program currently serves students from across the State and the Country.
Since 2014, the program has increased the number of fulltime students from 20 to 40 each year. Approximately 10 students participate in the program on a part time basis. MS-HAIL faculty provide both online and face-to-face teaching for these students in their area of expertise.
The unique needs of the MS-HAIL program and the breadth of knowledge required to teach diverse, non-traditional students in the online-hybrid environment require careful selection of faculty candidates for these positions. Successful candidates will have demonstrated expertise in their focused area of teaching as well as a deep understanding of the evolution of leadership in healthcare, principles of organizational leadership, management and personnel theories, and the healthcare system of the United States.
The general teaching responsibilities of this position are as follows:
a. Teaching designated MS-HAIL courses including:
- Develop, review and revise course content
- Work with the MS-HAIL Curriculum Team and instructional designer on all course design elements
- Maintain regular communication with students
- Evaluate student progression and assign grades
- Participate in course evaluation activities
b. Participate in MS-HAIL faculty meetings
c. Support MS-HAIL recruitment, advising, screening, and various shared programmatic duties
d. Participate in other academic activities such as reading of comprehensive examinations, and guest lecturing in on-campus courses
- At minimum, a Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for academic teaching and student mentoring, using face-to-face and online modalities.
- Experience with course and curricular design.
- Record of contributions to university and public service and demonstrated evidence of professional competence as appropriate to their level of experience.
- Commitment to participate in an academic environment committed to fostering collaborative learning, diversity, and interprofessional leadership development.
- Doctoral Degree or equivalent terminal degree in a clinical discipline or specialty area related to healthcare field.
- Experience with program development.
- Experience working in online modality.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01645.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information