University of California, San Francisco
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco is recruiting for a Junior Specialist. Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
The general responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Willingness to learn the techniques necessary for mouse oocyte and embryo handling, including oocyte harvesting, microinjection, monitoring oocyte maturation and embryo development, and luciferase reporter assays
• Maintain one or more mouse strains required by the lab. This will require planning the mating, monitoring pregnancies, and genotyping of the offspring. The successful candidate is expected to learn all of these manipulations within six months.
• Once trained, develop a project carried out under the supervision of the P.I.
Areas of specialization and responsibilities include:
• Contribute to the analysis of the data collected in the lab using bioinformatics approaches.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online via AP Recruit at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01643.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)