Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
DIRECTOR OF OBSTETRIC ANESTHESIA
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
The Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care at the University of California, San Francisco wishes to recruit a full-time faculty at the Associate to full Professor rank in the In-Residence or Clinical X series to serve as the Director of Obstetric Anesthesia.
• MD or equivalent, board certified or equivalent in Anesthesiology, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment.
• Demonstrated exceptional leadership, administration, organization and program development of clinical services, research, and education in a complex academic environment.
• Knowledge or experience in the provision of perioperative services.
• Demonstrated cultural competence in working with culturally diverse trainee and patient populations.
• Fellowship-trained or equivalent in obstetrical anesthesia.
• Be recognized for their contributions to Obstetrical Anesthesiology.
• Lead, direct, and oversee Anesthesia OB services, research, and education at a major teaching hospital. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading obstetric anesthesia clinical operations to ensure efficient utilization of clinical provider resources while delivering high quality patient care, monitoring and improving patient and provider satisfaction, and promoting effective collaboration among our clinical partners
• In conjunction with the Vice Chair for Education, will facilitate undergraduate and graduate medical education within the division.
• In conjunction with the Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs, will promote the careers of division faculty
• In conjunction with the Vice Chair for Research, promote obstetric anesthesiology research.
• Provide teaching, supervision and support of education innovations in OB clinical and research educational program learners.
• Develop and maintain a direct reporting relationship to the UCSF Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care Chair. Together with the Department Chair, will identify goals and develop, monitor, and share metrics to track progress on goals.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01574
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information