Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for faculty positions by researchers who are dedicated to advancing the understanding of basic mechanisms of psychiatric and neurodevelopmental disorders. These positions will be filled at a rank and series commensurate with experience, with a start date of January 1, 2018 or thereafter.
• MD, MD/PhD, PhD or equivalent
• Postdoctoral research training
• Record of peer-reviewed publications
• Track record of investigational work in at least one of the basic, translational or clinical sciences directly contributing to the etiology, prevention, diagnosis and/or treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders. Areas of interest include but are not restricted to: developmental neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, developmental psychology, developmental psychopathology, genetics, epidemiology, neuroimaging, behavioral neuroscience, computational science, and bioengineering
• Established skill in research relevant to neuropsychiatric disease, broadly defined, including but not limited to molecular, cellular, systems, developmental and behavioral neuroscience, genetics, imaging or other advanced technologies.
• Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse trainee and patient populations
• Preference will be given to MD/PhDs or MDs with psychiatric training as well as to others with a demonstrated commitment to advancing the understanding of psychiatric and neurodevelopmental disorders
• Develop an innovative, competitive research program
• Participate in teaching, supervision or support of educational programs for medical students, residents, psychology interns, postdoctoral fellows, or graduate students in a variety of disciplines
• May provide direct patient care
• Educate UCSF health professional trainees through teaching, supervision and assessment of trainees, modeling clinical and/or educational scholarship for trainees
• Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01569
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information