Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Neuroscience of Addiction and/or Computational Neuroscience
UCSF, already one of the world's leading Neuroscience institutions, is undergoing a significant further expansion of its Neuroscience faculty. This expansion is largely under the umbrella of the new cross-department Weill Institute for Neurosciences (weill.ucsf.edu), which is seeking outstanding researchers in all subfields (see main W.I.N. notice at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01430).
Here we particularly encourage prospective faculty in two specific subfields, for which additional hiring resources are available:
1) Neuroscience of Addiction. In this subfield we have open faculty positions within the Department of Neurology, in partnership with the Wheeler Center for the Neurobiology of Addiction. We are interested in neuroscientists working on the basic mechanisms of action of any drug of abuse, and/or fundamental neural mechanisms of motivation, behavioral control and decision-making.
2) Computational Neuroscience. We expect to recruit faculty in this subfield in partnership with the Kavli Center for Fundamental Neuroscience (kifn.ucsf.edu). We are particularly interested in faculty who would form strong collaborations with our existing neuroscience community.
Successful candidates will have an outstanding track record of innovative publications and extramural grant support, and may be hired at any level (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor). Candidates must have an MD and/or PhD. Informal inquiries can be directed to Josh Berke (email@example.com) or Loren Frank (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at : https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01565
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. UCSF is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information