Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UCSF Cancer Center is searching for a Research Specialist (Associate or Full Level) in Dr. Alan Ashworth's laboratory.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently to develop and pursue a variety of research projects aimed at identifying novel cancer biomarkers and treatments. Primary research responsibilities will include, but are not limited to generation, maintenance and testing of mammalian cell lines; molecular cloning; immunoblotting; flow cytometry analyses; and RNA and DNA manipulations.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a M.S. in biological sciences or other science discipline or have 5-10 years of hands-on molecular biology experience at the time of hire
• Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a PhD in biological sciences or other science discipline or have more than 10 years of hands-on molecular biology experience at the time of hire
• Appointees at the Associate/Full level must have significant record of academic accomplishment including published or in-press publication, and a demonstrated record of University and/or public service. Additionally, appointees at the Associate/Full level will provide considerable independence in planning and execution of research
• A demonstrated ability to work independently to design and troubleshoot experiments and interpret results
• A demonstrated ability to write clear reports and laboratory protocols
• A minimum of 2 years post-college experience working with mammalian cell lines in culture
• Experience performing PCR, molecular cloning and other nucleic acid manipulations
• Previous experience with mouse model systems
• Knowledge of and experience performing FACS analyses
• Previous experience making and using lentivirus and/or retrovirus
• Previous experience mentoring and training lab personnel
• Successful at applying for and receiving grants and/or research funding
Salary and appointment will be commensurate with the applicant's experience and training. This position is available immediately. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01543.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information