UCSF School of Nursing
Department of Physiological Nursing Job Posting
Title: Adult Medical-Surgical-Geriatric Faculty and Content Expert,
Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN)
Series: Assistant/Associate Health Sciences Clinical Professor
The Adult Medical-Surgical-Geriatric faculty is responsible for providing content expertise for the Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN) pre-licensure year curriculum. MEPN admits students who have completed a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing discipline or field of study.
The Content Expert is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and has the responsibility to review and monitor the program’s entire curricular content for the designated nursing area of geriatrics and medical-surgical nursing.
• Participates with MEPN faculty in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the MEPN curriculum.
• Develops and updates course content, syllabus, and course materials for assigned courses.
• Supervises, teaches, and evaluates students in classroom, simulation and skills lab, clinical agencies, and community settings.
• Participates in the identification, development, coordination and evaluation of clinical placements and community clinical resources to optimize the clinical experience for students.
• Recruits, selects, orients, supervises, and evaluates clinical instructors for each assigned clinical course. Serves as faculty oversight of the SON Skills Lab in collaboration with a program analyst.
• Provides academic advisement to assigned students.
• Participates with faculty and program administration in enhancing community relations, in student recruitment, and in program evaluation activities.
• Attends all MEPN program meetings and School/Campus committees as assigned.
• Participates in the orientation, on-going development and mentoring of MEPN faculty colleagues.
• Engages in clinical scholarship activities.
• Contributes to professional, community, and academic organizations and to the University at the Campus, School, and Department levels.
• Active and clear Registered Nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Master’s degree is required. The candidate must have the degree in the designated nursing area of medical-surgical and/or geriatric nursing or have completed the equivalent specialty content through either a) thirty (30) hours of continuing education, b) two (2) semester units or three (3) quarter units of nursing education related to the designated nursing area, or c) have national certification in the designated nursing area from an accrediting organization, such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching in pre- or post-licensure registered nursing programs with responsibility for course design and participation in curricular activities or completion of a post-baccalaureate educational course that includes practice in teaching registered nursing given by an accredited college or nursing school that includes teaching strategies, course outline and lesson plan development, evaluation, and practice teaching.
• Minimum of one (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse.
• Evidence demonstrating a record of success leading, supervising and/or working with diverse and multicultural, multi-disciplinary groups or teams.
• Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
• Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in other scholarly and/or other creative activities. A minimum of three years teaching experience highly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with multiple organizational levels and contacts: faculty, students, external key contacts, community-based, and campus leadership.
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies and supervised teaching residency/practicum.
• Proficiency in simulated patient care education methodology.
• Certification in healthcare simulation or certification eligible.
• Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, &/or Middle Eastern languages.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01500
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for underutilized minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for covered veterans. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.
Contact Person for Questions:
Mr. Kizza Chadiha, MEPN Program Coordinator
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)