Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Distinguished Endowed Chair in Mood Disorders
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications from outstanding established independent clinical investigators who are leaders in the field of mood disorders. This is a full-time position that will be associated with significant resources, in the context of a high priority area for the Department, including an endowment and new clinical and research resources and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor rank in the In Residence series with a start date of Summer 2018.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent
- Expertise in clinical or translational mood disorders, as evidenced by an established independent research program
- Track record of extramural funding, such as NIH-funding
- Track record of collaborative approach to research
- Track record in teaching and mentoring
- Report to the Chair of the UCSF Department of Psychiatry
- Build and direct an actively-funded research program in mood disorders
- Contribute to the design of department and UCSF-wide clinical research infrastructure in mood disorders
- Collaborate effectively and develop joint programs with faculty members within the Department of Psychiatry and in other departments such as Pediatrics, Neurology, Basic Neuroscience Departments and other colleagues at UCSF and UC Berkeley to promote clinical research in mood disorders
- Collaborate effectively with basic, clinical and translational research leaders to promote the evaluation and implementation of new, more effective, evidence-based treatments and clinical interventions
- Optimize faculty development, professionalism, recruitment, advancement, and retention
- Foster and support career development of junior investigators
- Participate in Department and University service
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01491.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information