Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position Announcement
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences / Institute for Health & Aging University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) and the Institute for Health & Aging announce a search for In Residence and Adjunct faculty positions. Appointments will be at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank in either the In Residence or Adjunct series, depending upon the individual's level of experience and extramural funding.
We are seeking scientists with an established or promising research career with preferred areas of expertise in these areas: nursing, health policy, science and technology studies, quantitative research methods, qualitative research methods, medical sociology, global health, public health, social policy, environmental health, social determinants of health, political science, political economy, healthcare reform, sociology of aging, social movements and social movement organizations, political economy of aging, critical social theory, public sociology, feminist theory, corporate social responsibility, long term care, community based research, health disparities, anthropology of health and illness, biomedical ethics, social and cultural analysis of science, technology and biomedicine, tobacco control policy, or health economics.
The successful candidates will have the following:
1) Research programs that will be synergistic with departmental teaching and departmental/institute research priorities.
2) Candidates must have earned a Doctoral Degree or equivalent terminal degree at the start of the appointment.
3) Demonstrated sustained record of extramural funding for research in one or more of the areas listed above. The primary academic emphasis of these positions is research, but candidates must also possess excellent teaching and mentoring skills, have a record of contributions to university and public service, and have demonstrated evidence of professional competence as appropriate to their level of experience.
4) Candidates are expected to cover their salary, fringe benefits, any shared Department and Institute expenses, and other specific expenses related to their programs through extramural funding.
Submit cover letter, CV, statement of research, and contact information for three (3) references to the following link: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01462
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information