Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Director of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry for UCSF Health
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for a Director of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry for UCSF Health. This is a full-time position and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor rank in a series commensurate with experience, with a start date of September 2018 or as negotiated with the department.
• MD or equivalent, ABPN board certified in Psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California by the time of appointment
• Board certification in Psychosomatic Medicine is preferred, although board certification in related subspecialties will be considered
• Experience in developing and providing both conventional psychiatric consultations and direct psychiatric services in collaborative care models or embedded services
• Excellence in clinical curriculum development, direct teaching, and mentoring of trainees in clinical services environments
• Demonstrated leadership experience in clinical systems
• Record of scholarship in education, clinical innovations, or research
• Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse trainee and patient populations
• Manage existing, and develop new, psychiatry consultation and collaborative care models at UCSF Health, a dynamic and complex health delivery system, through the lens of continuous quality improvement processes
• Work with department and UCSF Health leadership to advance integration of mental health and medical care throughout the UCSF Health delivery system.
• Provide direct patient care, including clinical consultation, through traditional methods and telepsychiatry
• Educate UCSF health professional trainees through teaching and supervision, and modelling clinical and/or educational scholarship for trainees
• Collaborate with training program directors in psychiatry and other disciplines to develop novel clinical curricula
• Be open to collaborating with faculty on health services research opportunities
• Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01452.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information