Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
HIV/LGBTQ Clinical Researcher/Administrator
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for an HIV and/or LGBTQ Clinical Researcher/Administrator position at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital’s (ZSFG) community program, the Alliance Health Project (AHP). AHP is one of seven divisions in the Department and is a pioneering HIV and mental health agency with a broad mission to support the mental health and wellness of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and HIV-affected communities in constructing healthy and meaningful lives. Serving the community for 33 years, AHP has received a national achievement award from the American Psychiatric Associations for its innovative and groundbreaking work in confronting the AIDS epidemic and supporting the LGBTQ community. Supported by a variety of state and San Francisco health department grants, AHP serves over 5000 clients annually with an annual budget of over $9M. This position is an important leadership and visionary opportunity for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and clinical oversight of portions of AHP’s clinical services as well as maintain and/or develop a research portfolio in line with the candidate’s current area of interest and/or consonant with HIV and/or LGBTQ services research. He/She will also supervise in AHP’s graduate traineeship program, be a member of AHP’s Executive Committee and help shape the agency’s long term services and research vision. Preference will be given to candidates with a history of demonstrated extramurally funded HIV and/or LGBTQ research.
This is a full-time position and will be filled at the Assistant to Full Professor level. Recruitment will be open until filled.
• PhD in Psychology or PsyD from an APA-approved doctoral program and APA-approved internship, and be license-eligible or licensed by the California Board of Psychology
• Demonstrated skills in research, clinical practice, education, and leadership with a strong commitment to an academic career as a researcher
• Track record of or strong potential for independent extramural funding
• Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved, HIV and/or LGBTQ, and culturally diverse populations
• Experience working with community-based service organizations is preferred
• Bilingual and/or bicultural background is desirable
• Provide administrative oversight of a portion of AHP’s clinical services
• Develop and maintain a program of clinical/translational HIV/LGBTQ research
• Work closely with the existing research activities at AHP, SFGH, UCSF, and other collaborative opportunities, such as community service delivery programs
• Participate in AHP’s leadership team
• Participate in training programs at AHP
• Participate in Departmental and/or University service
There are opportunities for direct teaching, supervision and support of education innovations in academically oriented clinical and research educational programs for psychology interns, and postdoctoral fellows in a variety of disciplines; as well as opportunities for patient care.
Salary support will be split between clinical and research support. A start up package is available and the successful candidate will be expected to compete successfully for extramural funding to support their research program.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01431.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information