Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
The Zuckerberg SFGH Division of the UCSF Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences is recruiting a generalist Obgyn physician to be a core clinician and clinician-educator based at ZSFG and a member of the UCSF faculty (Assistant or Associate Professor in Clinical ObGyn, HS Clinical, In Residence, or Adjunct series).
The incoming candidate will provide full scope Obgyn clinical care including family planning and abortion, gynecologic surgery, obstetrics, outpatient Obgyn and Obgyn overnight call. Interest and experience in medical education is preferred. Expertise and/or experience in caring for underserved populations is also preferred. An advanced degree or fellowship beyond an MD is required, as is a minimum of five years of clinical experience after residency. Proficiency in Spanish and/or Chinese is preferred.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01418
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Division of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
The Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) division is the largest of the six divisions in the UCSF Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences. The ZSFG Division faculty includes 14 physicians, 9 certified nurse-midwives and 11 PhD’s. In addition, there are 2-4 family planning fellows. ZSFG is the City and County of San Francisco’s safety net hospital and serves as the main source of primary and specialty care for uninsured and underinsured residents of San Francisco. Clinically, the ZSFG division of Ob/Gyn provides full scope obstetrics and gynecology at ZSFG including L&D, gynecologic surgery, outpatient services and tertiary abortion services. All of our faculty members are generalists who have completed fellowship training in a variety of fields. Some sub-specialty services such as gyn-oncology are provided via contract with UCSF. We are one of the core educational sites for UCSF Ob/Gyn Residents, hosting about one third of residents at any given time. We also run the fellowship in Family Planning. The ZSFG Division includes the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health which includes social scientists, epidemiologists and demographers who collaborate with our clinicians to focus on research and policy in family planning, reproductive infectious diseases and women’s global health. The research and clinical interests of our faculty are broad but are tied together by the common theme of advancing the health of marginalized or vulnerable women.
The mission of the ZSFG Division
…. to promote justice, quality, and equity in women’s health care. We seek to eliminate barriers to good health for women in San Francisco and around the world.
We believe this objective is best achieved by providing exemplary patient care to all women, especially those who are poor and vulnerable; training and inspiring the next generation of reproductive health leaders; and improving policy and practice through research and scholarship.
Generalist Obstetrician/Gynecologist Roles and Responsibilities
Attending physicians in the SFGH division share clinical, educational and administrative responsibilities and maintain their own research or creative focus.
- Clinical: Attend in outpatient clinic, L&D, Women’s Options Center and inpatient gynecology/ gyn surgery. Call: in-hospital, overnight or weekend call 2-4 times per month covering the obstetrics and gynecology services. Provide home back-up call an additional 2-4 nights per month. Generally, each physician covers at least one regular half day in the outpatient clinic to ensure continuity to clinic staff and residents. Physicians are assigned full weeks of duty on L&D and/or gynecologic surgery with the number of weeks variable according to extramural funding, administrative roles etc
- Administrative: Administrative responsibilities are shared among faculty and can include leading an educational or clinical service or program, scheduling, QI projects etc
- Education: Provide supervision and training for medical students, Obgyn and Family Medicine residents and Family Planning Fellows Provide core lectures to ob-gyn residents and medical students. Mentor medical students and residents. Participate in curriculum development related to care of vulnerable women.
- Service: All faculty members are required to serve in Departmental, Hospital and/or School of Medicine committees and strongly encouraged to participate in community service activities. Generally, committee work is consistent with faculty member’s interests and expertise.
- Research/Creative Activities: Develop or continue research or creative activities (including education-related) with extra-mural funding of at least 20%. Emphasis of research/creative activities should be consistent with SFGH Ob/Gyn mission of advancing the health of underserved and marginalized women. Examples of creative activities include curricular development and evaluation, patient safety, or clinical quality improvement. University advancement and promotion requires dissemination of research and/or creative activities.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information