Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Chief of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
Vice-Chair, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care
UCSF School of Medicine
The UCSF Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative care seeks an accomplished anesthesiologist to lead the UCSF Anesthesia and Perioperative Care Division at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center. The Chief of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, and the Vice-Chair, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care is a full-time position and will be filled at a rank commensurate with experience.
• MD or equivalent, board certified or equivalent in Anesthesiology, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment.
• Significant experience in professional clinical practice and leadership, post training.
• Demonstrated exceptional leadership, administration, and organization of clinical services, research, and education in a complex organization.
• Demonstrated cultural competence in working with culturally diverse trainee and patient populations.
• Established record of clinical, research, and educational program development and leadership.
• Knowledge or experience in a leadership role in an academic environment, including familiarity with academic personnel and faculty with primary research careers.
• Knowledge or experience in the provision of perioperative services in an acute general hospital setting.
• Lead, direct, and oversee Anesthesia clinical services, research, and education at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, a major teaching hospital of the University of California, San Francisco.
• Work closely with the UCSF Chair of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care and other departmental and institutional leaders to advance the core departmental missions of providing outstanding clinical services, developing and leading world-class research and training programs, and serving the San Francisco and broader Bay Area communities.
• Collaborate with leaders and staff within the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
• Establish and direct the department operational budget, which includes affiliation agreements and contracts with the City and County of San Francisco, as well as sponsored research and billing revenue.
• Provide teaching, supervision and support of education innovations in clinical and research educational program learners.
• Develop and maintain a direct reporting relationship to the UCSF Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care Chair, the UCSF School of Medicine Vice Dean at ZSFG, and the Zuckerberg San Francisco General CEO.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01354
Information about UCSF at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, and the UCSF Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care are available at https://sfgh.ucsf.edu/ and https://anesthesia.ucsf.edu/
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information