Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our lab focused on craniofacial development and gastrointestinal regeneration. In particular, the applicant will be working on a project in temporomandibular joint (TMJ) development. Background in biology and previous lab experience are preferred. In addition, the applicant will be expected to perform additional duties in the lab as needed.
20% time: helping to manage mouse colony; providing general lab support by making general lab solutions, reagents, and other tasks as needed
80% time: collecting mouse samples, sectioning, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, molecular techniques
Applicant will engage in lab meetings and other UCSF seminars and will primarily be working with a postdoctoral fellow.
• BA/BS degree in cell/molecular biology or related sciences or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Must be willing to work with mice and mouse samples
• Basic understanding of Genetics and molecular biology
• Excellent organization skill and attention to detail
• Excellent time and task management skills
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in English
• Proficiency with software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to work independently
• Good problem solving skills
• Prior experience in a research laboratory
• Prior experience in PCR
• Prior experience in mouse handling and genotyping
• Prior experience in general and advanced molecular biology techniques
• Knowledge of UCSF policies and procedures
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01343
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information