Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Lung Biology Center in the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is now recruiting Specialists. The area of specialization and/or responsibilities for these positions include: specialized research related to pulmonary biology using techniques of bioinformatics, statistical genetics, pulmonary function measurements, molecular biology, cell biology, and in vivo disease models.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Post-graduate training in field.
• Independent specialized research.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01297
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information