Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Physiology is seeking a Junior Specialist in the Molecular Neuroscience Biology Lab. Junior Specialists are expected to be exceptionally motivated, hardworking, and technically independent following training in the described specializations and responsibilities. Ideal applicants are recent graduates who would like to build upon previous research experience in preparation for graduate or medical school. Applicants must be comfortable working with rodents. The areas of specialization and research responsibilities include the following:
• Histology: immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization using dissected and fixed animal tissues or cultured cells.
• Molecular biology: DNA/RNA extraction, design of PCR primers and in situ probes, sub cloning: PCR primer design, gel electrophoresis, restriction enzyme mapping and digestion, ligation, transformation, mini-preparation
• Animal work: dissections, injections
• Cell culture: transfection, viral infection, passaging.
• Baccalaureate Degree in the field of Physiology, Neuroscience or Cell Biology
• Laboratory experience in cellular and/or molecular biology with completion of an undergraduate research project.
• Ability to independently perform laboratory protocols, tasks, and experiments.
• Experience with molecular biology techniques.
• Histology experience including immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization.
• Previous animal work including rodent dissections and injections
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will commensurate with the applicant’s experience and training. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01225
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information